Audacia Abogados

4 tips if you have been involved in an assault or fight

How to act if you are attacked?

Criminal law
4 tips if you have been involved in an assault or fight

Today we give you some simple, but effective advice if you have been involved in a brawl or fight.

It is valuable that you follow these instructions to be able to claim the compensation that corresponds to you for the aggression.

You have to take into account that the Judge will know the facts through the complaint that comes to him, therefore, you have to provide him with all the evidence you have to make clear what has happened.

1. File a complaint

Report the altercation or fight in which you have been involved as soon as possible.

It is important that you do not let too much time pass, so we advise you to go to the Police or the Court as soon as possible, we can accompany you.

2. Go to the hospital or health center

In the event that you have suffered an assault in the fight, you must go immediately to a health center or hospital to have a medical examination that justifies the injuries that have caused you.

It is important that the doctor collect each and every one of the injuries, diagnosis and medical or surgical treatment required. If you need further assistance because you are not feeling well, you should return to the doctor for further examinations.

The result of the injuries will determine the sentence of your aggressor. With the entry of the New Penal Code as of July 1, 2015, the lack of injuries is abolished, which becomes a misdemeanor of injuries, increasing the penalty for this behavior and leaving a criminal record for the guilty party. The crime of injuries is described in article 147 of the Penal Code.

3. Collect information

Before you leave the scene, gather as much information as you can from witnesses or people who witnessed the assault. Likewise, if you have the possibility, take photos of the place, the witnesses, objects used, etc.

4. Contact a lawyer

Contact a lawyer to defend your interests in court and can claim the corresponding compensation for the injuries caused on your behalf.

Criminal law

¿Do you want to contact us?

Call us Or write us in our form

Back to the top Back to the top